<VV> ***********Save Ultra Van 248*********************

Greg Shaw 65vair180 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 6 23:14:00 EST 2008

I think my original went to the wrong place. Please post.

Greg Shaw <65vair180 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:      To follow up on Chris' post I talked to Don and informed him that the quote I got for scrap aluminum (totally stripped aluminum only) was only $0.35 in SE Michigan. Only $700 if the Ultra was 2000lbs in aluminum alone (which is probably still high). I told him to list it on eBay for the best exposure if he didn't get any inquiries from the Corvair Community. I would expect him to take less than $1700 (his scrap value estimate) since the Ultra was given to him at no cost I believe. I bring this up because I don't want the $1700 price to scare people away. I know it would cost me $850 just to get it to my house (400 miles) per the quote I got.
    Number 248 just needs the right person to take her and fix her up. It will take a good chunk of money and time (two things I always seem short of). If you know someone who has the time and money (and interest), pass the info on from Chris' post.

  Greg
  Dearborn, MI