<VV> run on

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Mon Jan 7 19:48:50 EST 2008

"...when I turn the ignition off the motor keeps on running. How can  I
rectify this?..."

I respond to this "Run On" complaint, thinking the poster was  complaining
about a classic "Run On" condition... i.e.: the power to the  ignition system is
removed, but the engine keeps running due to a  "dieseling" situation. I've
watched the ensuing posts, and still haven't seen a  positive identification of
the underlying cause. Is the problem true  dieseling, or is power continuing
to be supplied to the coil after the key is  moved to the "OFF" position.
Depending on the actual cause,  the pathway to solving the problem is drastically
different.

Mike Mauro