<VV> Economics - Regular Gas and Fuel Economy / Thermal

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Mon Jan 7 23:28:20 EST 2008

Mike-
No flame ... you didn't read what I wrote closely though (or maybe I
was confusing -- an engine that I call 'knock-happy' is not a happy
engine).  I am advocating NOT dropping the compression ratio or
retarding the timing to run regular.  I think both are dumb things to
do. In other posts I've already spoken in favor if chamber mods to
increase effective squish by reducing the clearance height. You call
this "quench", but keep in mind quench is a bad thing whilst squish is
good.  That said, we are in favor of the same thing even if we use
different terminology...

Jim Burkhard