<VV> Mystery engine number

Richard Gebhardt rgebhardt at bigfoot.com
Thu Jan 10 23:14:28 EST 2008

Hi, all.
This is the first time to reply to the list. If I don't get it right, please
advise.

I do not know what the 'number' means, but replacement blocks were
universal. They
came with a bag of parts attached that allowed them to be used with cars and
trucks. If
you installed it in a car, there was a plug for the FC/wagon dipstick tube
and a car dipstick
tube, etc.

In a previous post, someone was concerned about restoring for concours. All
entries, regardless
of class, are judged on quality. Stock is or is not does not matter until
you wish to enter
a stock class. Whether your entry is stock or not is determined at
classification. Either way,
it is then judged for quality. So, to restore back to stock requires that
you start in that direction
before entering the concours. If not, you will probably get a rude awakening
at classification.

I know this from judging at more conventions than I can remember.

Go for it.

Regards

Richard Gebhardt
62 Spyder conv