<VV> What have you found in your Corvair?

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 18:49:55 EST 2008

Every since I bought this Corvair of mine (last July), I pretty much took on a bastard without knowing; an "ad-hoc", "been-around-the-block-a-few-times" kind of a car. All kinds of gremlins, needs this, needs that, one particular annoyance is that I was given a pile of keys without really knowing what key opens what. So naturally I tossed most all except the ones that "worked". You know the kind, they fit but don't feel right. Only to discover I never had the right keys in the 1st place (GM changes the cylinder type in 69 or so and forgoes the Hexagon key style, like I had been using).
And I had power washed the engine bay last fall and saw this little metal box in the air cowl at the top of the engine bay towards the front. On the metal "shelf", a air turbulence thing, I imagine, was this peculiar little metal box and didn't think anything of it at the time. Yesterday or so, I scanned the engine bay for no apparent reason and "rediscovered" this little box again. Is was magnetized, kind of rusty. I picked it off the shelf and set it aside. Today, I picked it up again, to study it closer and low and behold, it slides upon and bear two shiny GM keys.
My Corvair bears gifts, I like it. Its started to yield presents, I have bought this car to many, many already.
And so it continues, this love hate relationship with my car.

So this prompted me to call out to all of you and ask, "What have you found in your Corvair (that you didn't know about) that either made you happy, sad, shreak, etc?? Like a skeleton of an alien, or as mundane as a birds nest.

maybe a series of short stories could be adapted to the Communique on this topic?

Chris
69 monza coupe 140/4