<VV> What have you found in your Corvair?

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 12 00:39:03 EST 2008

Really gross stuff....

When we bought our 63' Spyder, the guy said that his daughter had been
driving it while she worked for a traveling carnival/circus.  I paid him for
the car and came back later with some tools to try to get it road worthy
enough to get it home.  He wasn't home when I came back.  I opened the trunk
and dug around.  I found a jar of strawberry flavored lube..... I left it on
his back porch before I left.

When I got it home I decided to tear out the interior since the car needed a
complete restoration.  Under the seats I found drug needles and used
condoms.  A joint or two up under the dash.  I donned gloves and a mask for
the rest of the job.  I ended up using bleach on the entire interior, pulled
the drain plugs and hosed it out.  Yuck !!

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81412237@N00/sets/
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!
essage: 3