<VV> [SCG] Need steering wheel re-paint advice

dal daluckow at aol.com
Sat Jan 12 21:52:15 EST 2008

Hey guys,

The only way I do this is to use urethane paints with a catalyst because they will stay pliable and flex.  (Example BASF Glasurit 22 line)  The heat from the sun will also cause damage without the high tech catalyst paints.  Putting this in spray can will not work in the long run because catalyst in a spray can would have a time factor.  Your window of opportunity is only so long, usually a few hours, depending on tempertures.   This is really a job for a pro to do because of the toxic sprayable materials needed.  Should not breathe or be exposed to the air mist, because it attacks the nervous system of your body.  I have sprayed dozens of Corvair steering wheels, especially the plastic wood wheel type with clear.  They have proven now over 12 years to hold up well with the urethane paints and clears.

Duanne L