<VV> Spark Delay Valve - yay or nay?

Steven steven at sashimi.org
Sun Jan 13 09:42:07 EST 2008

I noticed a little valve in the vacuum advance hose on my 140PG car which I
learned is a spark delay valve (SDV), installed on cars with A.I.R. polution
control systems.  My car had the A.I.R. system removed long ago by P.O.  I
tested the valve and I believe it is blocked.  I removed the SDV and the car
ran fine, or so it seems.  Given that there's no A.I.R. system, it doesn't
seem like a necessary item.  Is there any reason to have one of these
critters installed on a 140PG that has had the A.I.R. System removed?  If
not, I won't bother to get a replacement.

Thanks,

- Steve

Steve Brown
CORSA / PCA member