<VV> Spark Delay Valve - yay or nay?

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Jan 13 12:46:18 EST 2008

In a message dated 1/13/2008 7:42:02 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
steven at sashimi.org writes:

I  noticed a little valve in the vacuum advance hose on my 140PG car which I
learned is a spark delay valve (SDV), installed on cars with A.I.R.  polution
control systems.

While the correct name maybe as you stated, the fact is that these are a
vacuum advance delay. The delay is for the activation of the vac adv for
emissions control and come in various delays stated in seconds (of  time) and decimal
fractions.

These were not used on Crvairs.
Regards,
Bob Helt