<VV> SAVE YOUR OLD KEYS !!

monza67 at aol.com monza67 at aol.com
Mon Jan 14 16:30:40 EST 2008

Yes, there is definitely a good reason to save your old GM keys. When I towed my 66 Corvair convertible home it was on Halloween night, so it was dark outside and there were leaves everywhere on the ground. My son was in the car steering it when we were towing it and he had the keys in the ignition. After we parked the car in the drive and locked it up, my wife decided she wanted to look the car over. I asked my son for the keys and he said he didn't have them. They weren't in the car and we couldn't find them laying on the ground. The next morning we took a metal detector out to try to find them in the leaves...nothing. To this day, we have never found the keys, and that was about 6-7 years ago. The point of the story is that I tried all of the keys that I had saved from previous Corvairs, etc. and I found a key that would work in the passenger door, the ignition and also another one in the trunk.
I was also at a cruise night where a lady thought she had dropped her keys in her Corvair trunk before she shut it. The MC at the cruise night announced over the PA for everyone with an old GM car to bring the keys to where the lady was, so she could try them in the trunk. Before too many people arrived, she found that she had dropped the keys along the seat in another car she had been in. Chuck Prosise