<VV> Suspension part name

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 16 13:39:27 EST 2008

Your description is confusing. WHAT swivels? The tie rod end? The steering
arm (called a knuckle)? The ball joint?
If it's the tie rod end, yes they do swivel. Not like a NEW ball joint,
which will swivel, but is usually stiff. The test for a bad tie rod is to
reassemble the tie rod to the knuckle, install the tire, and try to rock the
tire (by hand) back and forth, griping the tire at 9 and 3 o'clock. Watch
the tie rod end for ANY play. Any play is reason to replace.

harry yarnell
perryman garage and orphanage
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net