<VV> Suspension part name

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Jan 16 15:38:21 EST 2008

The tie rods  ends can be very loose feeling. But, there should be no
play. Play being defined as the ability to move the ball of the joint  (
the part at the bottom of the taper ) away from the socket of the joint.
Just like your shoulder, the ball can swivel in the socket in most any
direction, but when the cartlidge wears out and the ball can pull away
from the socket, you have problems. There is a standard of how many
thousandths of play is acceptable, but if you can feel it and see it,
replace it. Others may have more specific rules.

Frank DuVal