<VV> Slipping Powerglide Fixed!

Steven steven at sashimi.org
Wed Jan 23 20:12:22 EST 2008

"Ken Maxwell" <kobramax at insightbb.com> wrote in message dated Friday,
November 30, 2007
<snip>
I finally got around to taking off my beautiful new, gold, non-oily,
non-rusty vacuum modulator valve. I then dug through my garbage can and
finally found my "Titanic" salvaged, rusty, oily, dented, 100 year old
modulator and reinstalled it. Took the car for a drive and it shifted
beautifully! No more slipping between upshifts!
<end snip>

Me too, Ken!  This afternoon I climbed deep into my shed and removed the VM
from my spare '61 PG, cleaned off most of the crud, and installed it in my
'69 which has been slipping under light acceleration on the 1-2 upshift.
Test drove it this evening and the 1-2 slipping is resolved!

So what is it with the new vacuum modulators?  Are the new VMs just a little
bit different or is it something about some of our old PG transmissions that
causes them to function best with an old used (broken in?) VM ?

- Steve brown

'69 Monza Convertible 140 PG
'62 Rampside