<VV> flushing VS filtering

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Thu Jan 24 17:46:14 EST 2008

I remember some years ago Amsoil was selling a  BYPASS oil filter kit with a
VERY fine filtering material.  The stock "full  flow" oil filter that comes on
every car is NOT designed to take out really  small particles just so it
won't easily/quickly clog up and send ALL the  UNfiltered oil through the stock
bypass.  So with the Amsoil kit installed,  ALL the oil continues to go through
the stock COARSE filter for major  particle removal while only PART of the oil
goes through the Amsoil FINE filter  for fine particle removal.  Amsoil
contends that over a period of time ALL  the oil gets FINE filtered.
    Current Amsoil dealers can tell us if Amsoil is  still offering this
setup.
    Frank Burkhard

In a message dated 1/24/2008 5:10:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,