<VV> Ventura Convention - "Wild Drivers"

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 24 18:23:04 EST 2008

Sethracer at aol.com wrote:

> LA, while not as laid back as Northern California, is not too bad.
> I've driven Boston, Chicago, Washington DC, Orlando, Dallas, Salt Lake
> City, Seattle and more. There is traffic, though, ...

Just depends on your definition of "too bad" (LA area isn't "too good",
either), but before they scare y'all to death, I've been through all of
the above except Boston, DC, and Orlando with a 1-ton box flat bed p/u
pulling a small camp trailer (goat shows -- Nationals is sometimes a bit
distant) and am still alive to tell you about it.  Yeah, a novice would
probably prefer to avoid "rush hour", but in some places it is all 24
hours, so just go, stay cool, stay out of the way of the idiots, and
don't think that getting there when you want to be there is really all
that important.

North bound on the 5 through the San Jouquin (sp?) valley can be a tad
fast on the way home Sunday nite ...  never seen so many people going to
seemingly nowhere (sorry, Seth) so fast -- I 'spose most were just happy
to be leaving LA

Godspeed!

Bill