<VV> Engine Flush

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Fri Jan 25 07:11:05 EST 2008

> Smitty Says:  Hey let's analyze this to death.  The guy asked what should
> he do if anything about his potentially dirty inside engine.  Answer, put
> fresh oil and a filter in it and drive it.  It ain't a space shuttle.  if
> it truly is dirty inside the modern oil will gradually clean it "with
> regular oil changes" and life will go on.

That's the problem when you ask an engineer what time it is. He wants to
explain the time space continuum!

I fully agree here.
Back in my younger poor days we would assemble Corvair engines from any junk
engines and parts (Ultra Style?) that we had. As the Curmudgeon says we just
put in some fresh oil (whatever was on sale), what ever plugs in the pile
looked the best and a new filter and went down the road. We never really had
any problems and we didn't invent any either. These Corvairs were daily
drivers as in the ONLY car I had.

Rick Norris