<VV> stacked 6's - mostly, HUMOR

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Sun Jan 27 05:32:58 EST 2008

On Jan 26, 2008, at 10:07 PM, Louis Armer wrote:

> Oh well, we can't get anything past you guys ;-)  Yes they are
> "stacked 140 hp engines and connected by a
> dual heavy duty timing chain and a multiple spline power output
> connected to a variable pitch converter similar
> to the old Buick Dynaflow tranny and also the GM tank transmission.

Now, now, Chuck, have you forgotten to add, "HUMOR" to your posts
lately??? ;-)

Or is this truly the rumored experimental van that GM was working on to
add towing capacity to the FC line? I heard larry claypool talk once
about a conversation he had with an old GM engineer who was on his
deathbed. The man is said to admit that he did indeed work on the
top-secret XL100 program, but was sworn to secrecy about it. I'd be
careful that word doesn't get out to anyone at GM that  you have this
vehicle, you couldn't drive well with broken knees.

On a more serious note, you are aware that there was a dual-engined
front-to-back drag race car run years ago? As I remember, it was an
Altered class car, not Corvair bodied, using a Fiat or Model A Ford
body or similar. I have pictures of it somewhere on my hard drive.

Got to do something when your indoors in the Winter, huh?

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
Treasurer, CORSA South Carolina
Greenville, SC