<VV> LM Exhaust System Upgrade

OrchidEsquire at aol.com OrchidEsquire at aol.com
Tue Jul 1 09:12:40 EDT 2008

Hi:

Since acquiring my 66 Corsa Convertible in late September of last year I
have submitted several questions to VV regarding its restoration.  I  want to
thank VV and the members for their prompt responses and  helpful information.
Restoring the car has been as much fun as driving it. I  could not have done it
without help from my local Corvair Club and VV.

My car has the 140 HP/4 carb. engine with dual exhausts. It is my
understanding that the exhaust system is constructed out of 2.0" OD piping.  Is that
correct? I was considering upgrading the entire system to 2.25" OD  piping and
installing 2 low restriction Turbo mufflers. Has anyone  done this before? Will
a 2.25" OD U-pipe fit on the stock exhaust  manifold?  Where can I get a new
correct size collar to mate the new  U-pipe to the stock exhaust manifold? What
are the  measurements of  the stock U-pipe in terms of its radius, and legs?

Thanks,

Joel Roth
Ft Lauderdale, FL
66 Corsa Convertible