<VV> LM Exhaust System Upgrade

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Tue Jul 1 09:20:43 EDT 2008

The u-pipes are smaller than 2", but many of us run 2" Walker Dynomax
SuperTurbos or Flowmasters or similar) on stock u-pipes using a simple
exhaust adapter (available at Pep Boys, Advance Auto, etc). Sound is
great (very similar to the large Clarks extractors) but with some
resonance around 3000 rpm.

No real reason to make larger u-pipes as the stock ones are not the most
restrictive parts of the exhaust system and are more than sufficient for
an otherwise stock engine.

One note: my recommendations are only for a manual transmission car.
This setup on a PG car performs poorly and sounds "ratty".

Bill