<VV> Speedevents.

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Wed Jul 2 02:06:22 EDT 2008

Just a short note, we'restill on the road and sightseeing.

It was 107 F at the track event. I just couldn't take the heat and did only one session.
We had transponders and did n't get single timed laps. The V8 let me around and I finally got 1 1/2 open laps.maybe the same for everyone.
Mark Wright smoked us all.

It was around 80 at the autocross--just great.

It was not the free flowing sweeper course that Seth and I approved. It was legal; we just check for safety. But the approved course would have better suited my set up for?track events?(and proposed? AX course) ?former auto cross only car. As it turned out my gearing, larger rear tires, soft rear anti roll bar, and rich--on purpose--?jetting were all wrong.. I ?couldn't get the rear to rotate at the slow cornering speeds. The early stockers were having a great time sliding around. It was all very tight switchbacks.
? I had 3.27 gears and 23 " tires. It was about 3500 in 2nd . Mark Wright smoked us again by running 7500 rpm in first gear (stock Sag) and a 3.89 gearing.
I was jetting too rich to get past 6500.

Congratulations to Mark's great driving. and car set up.

I still had a fun time and greatly enjoyed the convention.

More, when we get home about Sat.

Warren