<VV> Removing the wheel cylinder entrails

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 2 16:02:39 EDT 2008

I am replacing the brake shoes and the internals of the wheel
cylinder on the drivers side front for the first time ever by
myself.  I've successfully gotten the shoes and accompanying springs
removed the cylinder pistons out and the rubber coverings removed.
The '65 manual helpfully says to remove the pistons, rubber cups, and
spring from the cylinder and clean them.  Uh, how do you remove the
internals from the cylinder housing.  I'm assuming that it doesn't
have to be removed from the wheel?  It didn't seem to want to budge
much using my fingers.

Stephen Upham