<VV> Removing the wheel cylinder entrails

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Jul 2 17:58:22 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/2/2008 1:43:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net writes:

I've  never heard of removing the INNARDS of a wheel cylinder, and leaving
the  cylinder attached to the backing plate. Barbaric!!!
The cylinder MUST be  either replaced or honed off the car.

Harry  Yarnell

Harry is one of those car dilettantes like me. We wouldn't do something  like
that. But thousands of brake shops around the country were doing that same
trick for years. If you can hone it on the car, they will. It saves time
(=money) and reduced damaged hose and tube junctions. Late Corvair rears are
notorious for ruining that short tube that feeds the wheel cylinder from  the
trailing arm. I like the idea of just standing on the brake pedal -  something will
give! - Seth

scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!      (www.tourtracker.com
?NCID=aolmus00050000000112)