<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 42, Issue 13

Andrew Golt andrewcouchst at netzero.net
Thu Jul 3 13:40:39 EDT 2008

What is the best fluid to use that will inhibit rust, but not require
a complete replacement of all parts (remember, except for the lines,
the major parts only have about 4K on them)?  I'm not looking for
"set and forget", I have no problem with bleeding the system every
couple of years when necessary, nor will I need extreme temps as this
is a family sport-about, but I do want to be as proactive as possible
to reduce the affects of internal rust until I can afford to replace
everything and install silicone fluid.

Wally world sells a "synthetic" fluid for a dollar more then regular fluid. Not sure about the details. It's in a yellow bottle from Prestone. I rarely change even the rubbers. Just hone and clean and go... Andrew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNdZ-kv0O-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-shtKfy6u8