<VV> Exhausting SUCCESS / Clarks Ultimates

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 4 01:54:24 EDT 2008

Hello All, Thanks to all who responded to my exhaust/header problem.
The solution was relatively easy and actually
accomplished thanks to Tony Ellison's suggestion. Several ideas
mentioned heating up the flange coupling area of the
headers and muffler and reshaping the assembly to fit and eliminate
the clearance problem. Tony put it simply: bolt it all
together and bend it by physical force to achieve the proper
clearance. Eureka ! it was so simple it was almost embarrassing.
I simply stuck a round wooden clothes hanger pole in the exhaust
tubing and into the throat of the muffler and forcibly
pushed straight down towards the garage floor. In seconds I was able
to achieve the slight bending of the headers to easily
achieve between 1/2" and 3/4" inch clearance of the valance on both
sides of the car. Tomorrow I will crank her up and see if
I have any noticeable leaking at the exhaust ports and the flange
coupling areas.

Thanks to ALL who participated and  Happy Fourth 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Chuck Armer

CORSA Tri-membership Chairman
CORSA Member
Corvanatics Member