<VV> Webers with a big bore kit?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sat Jul 5 21:33:22 EDT 2008

Hi Brad,

On Jul 3, 2008, at 11:44 PM, Brad Waddell wrote:

> Has anyone ever built a big bore engine with webers?  I'm thinking
> about
> building an engine for my Corsa, something streetable but with that
> geewiz
> factor.  I've always been enamored with the weber set up but also
> the big
> bore stuff.  Is this a possible set up?  Any other thoughts on this
> engine
> combo?

Absolutely possible, Kent Sullivan has tried a few engine combos and
I think this was one of them.  See his site:

http://www.corvairkid.com/

One comment - neither of these options is cheap, if you're going to
consider Webers it might also make sense to look into fuel
injection.  Either would work well on a big bore engine.

> Also anybody ever dealt with the 5 speed transmission that's out
> for these
> cars based off the borg warner trans?  Ive heard about issues with
> it, just
> wondering, seems like it could be a good change if the ratios were
> right.

There are only a few complete cars out there, I don't think the
conversion is available at this time.

--Bryan