<VV> smells / STINKS and a radio thrown in..

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sun Jul 6 21:01:25 EDT 2008

so far in a corvair the worst smell is burning mouse poop from the engine
room.
around the house i was recently (yesterday afternoon) introduced to the  very
ugly smell of my expensive backup generator system going up in flames and
darn near burning the house down.  lucky me for observant, quick acting
neighbors, and fire departments in the area knocked it down before it got to the
siding..  but the stink is still there and bad!
so burning wires and plastic are way up there in badness!
the nicest radio system i ever had in an early was a 70 chevy pickup stero
unit.  it looked like a factory corvair unit, but was original (very rare)  in
a fancy camper option pickup .i only saw a couple back in my radio repair
days.  early (pre 61?) vette mono am/fm with wonderbar tuning was a nice  one for
vairs (early) also.  now it sure would be expensive.
regards, tim colson