<VV> Yukon mystery solved - NO Corvair

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 8 18:02:28 EDT 2008

The final fix for my daughter's Yukon which kept shutting off was to replace the fuel pump. The dealer could not determine the cause in their shop and had to drive it with a computer hooked to it for about an hour. Their repair estimate was right at $1000. Our actual repair cost was under $150 including the $78 we paid to have them tell us the fault. Gas tank was removed and replaced in under 3 hours. I found a pump/sender unit with under 8k miles on ebay for $30 (retail over $400). Warning for other owners- this is the 2nd Suburban/Yukon they have owned in the past few years and the THIRD fuel pump, all with under 75K miles. Service manager's advise - never let the vehicle run with less than 1/4 tank of gas - it would be nice to put that in the owner's manual..:-), and might be of value to those with in tank pumps in their Corvairs?
Grant