<VV> eBay question - minimum Corvair

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Tue Jul 8 19:20:45 EDT 2008

<< I'm just wondering if it's just me, or has anyone else noticed that ebay
> has ceased to be a source of reasonably priced parts for Corvair?  For
> example, I just saw a differential cover gasket for $6.25 with a 'buy it
> now' of $7.10.  Clark's sells this gasket for $3.50 or so.... what are
> people thinking on eBay??  I don't think I'll even bother looking at
> ebay in the future - it's a big rip off !!!  Just my opinion -  comments>>

   To me, Ebay is similar to the flea market I go every Sunday. You need to search carefully if want to make a good deal. I've made good (cheap) deals at both of them. With about 1,200 Corvair related items on Ebay and 80 % of them overpriced, it is not easy (but boring) to find what you look for at a reasonable price. Patience is the key.

   Daniel Monasterio
PS. Just got a $ 2,500 trencher for $ 1,060, last week... at Ebay.