<VV> Fw: Spyder Bucking/Stalling problem - more clues! - ONE MORE THING!

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 22:51:44 EDT 2008

OOPS! I forgot to add what we did today to check the fuel system.

1) Checked fuel delivery rate from fuel pump at cranking speed. Spec is 1 pint in less than 40 seconds. We delivered 1 pint in 26 sec.
2) Checked fuel delivery rate at carb end of fuel pipe (this includes the fuel filter in the engine compartment in the flow circuit). Same delivery rate as before (1 pint in 26 sec). Note, this is despite the fact that some of the fuel was also returning to the tank via the return line coming off the fuel filter.
3) Checked the fuel cap vent. It appears to be OK (but not sure)

-- Doug Mackintosh
Corsa member since 1996
Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member
Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on