<VV> No Corvair again - but ironic

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 8 22:34:39 EDT 2008

Apologies for this, but it is "great" and I'm not a member of "the other site." Apparantly the reason for the early demise of the fuel pump in my daughter's Yukon was that it was allowed to run out of gas. This makes sense because the problem started shortly after it did. But, the reason it ran out of gas is in part because GM replaced the instrument panel under a recall for defective gauges (the little motors that operate them are Chinese junk - if you have one and didn't know this, check it out as they did not get notified by GM and found it on a recall website). The "technician" who replaced the panel apparently touched the fuel gauge needle when installing it so it showed over 1/4 tank when it was really empty. Daughter ran out of gas twice before anyone could figure it out. So, one thing led to another, and no they would not accept the blame.:-). Where was Mr. Goodwrench when all this was happening?
Grant - again, apologies for the space.