<VV> FW: Removing Monza Trim on Late Models

Brandes, Guy GBrandes at loebermotors.com
Wed Jul 9 12:40:35 EDT 2008

Hi Bill,

The Monza logo nuts are removed by taking off the right and left air
vents in the foot well areas.

The moldings are something you want to be careful with to prevent
bending but once you get the screws out you have to kind of roll the
molding off the clips.  Before it's painted it's not bad but putting
them back on after the paint work is a little tricky to avoid scratching
the new paint.

Regards,

Guy Brandes

                                                     B"H

Hi all...I am preparing my car for the paint shop.  I've repaired the
minor rust on the cowl and will hopefully remove the trim off the body
this evening, G-d willing.

My question is regarding the rocker panel molding that comes with Monza
models.  I see two screws attaching the molding on each end, but it
looks like there are clips in the middle part of the molding.

How would I remove the molding after I unscrew the end screws without
damaging anything?

Also, I assume the front fender Monza emblem can be removed by first
removing the wheel opening molding, which will allow access in between
the inner fender and the outer fender, and use a socket to undo the nuts
holding the emblem to the studs.  Right?

Thanks everyone for your help!

Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza Coupe 110 PG

are the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org