<VV> legal advice sought

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Thu Jul 10 14:32:08 EDT 2008

This is NOT legal advice, but it is Corvair related.  In 1969 we were
rear-ended while driving our brand new Corvair, and my wife ended up
with a sore neck and doctor bills.  I wasn't willing to settle on the
personal injury claim until the outcome of her injury was known.  The
insurance company of the person at fault wouldn't settle on the car
damage separately from the personal injury.  So, I had my insurance
company fix the car and they, in turn, collected from the other
insurance company (subrogation).  It turned out that it took several
months for my wife's neck to heal which would have been an intolerable
wait for the car repair.

The insurance company is simply trying to force you into a less than
favorable settlement by using delaying tactics.  It's a common practice
and a good reason to have full coverage insurance (even with a high
deductible).

Dave Keillor