<VV> Lifters

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Jul 10 19:04:11 EDT 2008

Greetings,

I'm finally putting the 110 in the '66 back together again, and I
have a question about lifters.  On some I can come down to zero lash
and then rock the lifter and feel the piston in the lifter go up and
down, but on some I can't.  Question is, are those lifters at the top
or bottom of the range?  Any thoughts on how to proceed?  I figure at
worst I could adjust those ones to zero lash, run the engine to
loosen everything up, then pull the covers and re-adjust.

--Bryan (finally with a little free time)

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa