<VV> my turn,my questions for the week!

JKFG717 at aol.com JKFG717 at aol.com
Fri Jul 11 10:37:14 EDT 2008

Hello all, my 65 vert is coming along nicely as I finish the small items
from restoration. I need to replace the factory antenna. The original is broken
off at the bottom of the shaft. I can't seem to find exact instructions as to
what I have to remove in or outside the car to get it off, albeit, without
damage to the new paint. My other concern is the re-built carbs, done in 2000
and not used till now here are the symptoms: The choke unloader on the left
carbs sticks 50% of the time. If it does the car is hard to restart. I reach
around behind the carb and wiggle it and it lets go. You can't touch the  pedal
or it will flood. While running a while the car will bog down upon
acceleration a tiny bit. As soon as the pg shifts it seems fine. The car has 59  K on
it and has not been apart. It sat for some 20 odd years until resurrected  this
year. It has been tuned, timed and run thru a half tank of fuel. So, should
I just get the carbs rebuilt? Replace the carbs with vendor new ones? Look
elsewhere? Many thanks, Jim