<VV> to start or not to start, iz thet the question ??

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Fri Jul 11 11:28:34 EDT 2008

If you find some really corroded terminals and if the wires are long enough,
you can pull them out of the connector housing, cut them off and crimp on
new terminals. They are the 56 series type terminals. I found a good source
for the connectors and terminals. Go to the following link:

www.wirelm.com

Go to the connector link at the left of the page and scroll down to the 56
series connectors. You can't purchase on-line. You have to call the guy to
place an order. The prices are very reasonable and he ships fast. Be sure to
get a catalog because he has much more stuff than is shown on the website.

If you need help removing the terminals from the plastic connectors and
re-crimping, write me off line.

By the way, the electrical connector grease is to keep moisture out of the
connection and reduce corrosion. You can use petroleum jelly such as
Vaseline for the same purpose. Be sure to put some on the six wire body to
engine connector in the front left corner of the engine bay. That's a bad
place for corrosion and can cause all types of problems if not clean.

Dave Thompson
Westminster, CA