<VV> Vette in Car Video (No Corvair)

John Oshea jco99 at cox.net
Sat Jul 12 09:49:30 EDT 2008

I'm nobody special. Just another Corvair freak. Bought my first one new in 1962 with all the goodies like the 4-speed, HD brakes, suspension and a 3.89 - just before the 1962 turbos were announced. Oh well. It was a great car that was sold to buy the GTO.

When I returned from Europe I bought a 1966 Monza that the wife enjoyed so much I couldn't pry her out of it for the next 13 years. Great car. Only things replaced in all that time were batteries, tires, muffler and brakes.

Currently I have a 1965 Corsa convertible here in Las Vegas that's in my garage having the amateur (that's me) doing some body work.

Met a couple of people from Group Corvair in the late 60's when I was living in D.C. They were running a small Corvair garage named Hot Air Enterprises. As I recall it was in the Chevy Chase suburb. I think they went out of business a long time ago.

We have about 25 people here in the Vegas Vairs and are fortunate enough to have Bob Helt as one of our members. Mighty hot here in July. It was 112 the other day with 4% humidity, but as they say, it's a dry heat :):):)