<VV> European Gas Costs

Dennis PLEAU ddpleau at msn.com
Sat Jul 12 21:55:40 EDT 2008

I'd love to continue this in VV-talk.  Taxes are out of the scope of the VV's.

Dennis

From: HallGrenn at aol.comDate: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 21:37:56 -0400Subject: Re: <VV> European Gas CostsTo: ddpleau at msn.com; cfmann at yahoo.com; virtualvairs at corvair.orgCC: Sethracer at aol.com

In a message dated 7/12/2008 9:29:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ddpleau at msn.com writes:
Yea, the your-a-peeing taxes on gas do make it look like gas is much more expensive across the pond, but the actual cost of the "gas" is about the same as we are paying here in the US of ADennis

That's true--but the customer only cares what he or she pays at the pump.  There is a history of higher taxes in most European countries, but my point is the same--they're paying at least twice as much at the pump as we are.  And their annual road tax license for a 2.7 Litre car is much higher than any state that I know of.  They are definitely dedicated Corvair folk.

Bob Hall