<VV> Corvairs at Goodguys Columbus

Marc Sheridan sheridanma1966 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 08:27:45 EDT 2008

Once again I took my Monza up to the Columbus Goodguys event and went
looking for all the Corvairs that were there out of the advertised 7,000
entrants. This year I only found five, including mine. However there was a
very interesting BMW Issetta that had a late model Corvair transaxle hooked
to a Rover V8. You can see my pictures at this link:

http://community.webshots.com/album/564093132nPzkcQ

At the swap meet area I found and purchased the February 1987 issue of
Collectible Automobile that has a very extensive article about the Corvair.
I haven't read it yet, but in glancing over it, I did notice a comment that
the Mustang and Camaro probably wouldn't have been born without the
existence of the Corvair! I've often heard that the Mustang killed the
Corvair, but that is the first time I've heard that the Corvair caused the
Mustang. The argument for this is that the Corvair found a market that
neither GM or Ford knew existed.

Marc Sheridan
'66 Monza
Waverly OH