<VV> Horsepower at the rear wheels

Mark Edmonds ctmle at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 14 19:43:14 EDT 2008

I put my '66 Corsa on the scale at the local waste transfer station - it
weighed in at 2760 with me in it and a tool bag in the trunk - no spare
tire. That would put the car right around 2550 pounds.

By the way (since this post is titled Horsepower...) - a Dynojet dyno showed
98 wheel hp on stock 140 hp engine with high flow air filters, headers and
straight through mufflers, 3.27 diff.
Since then I have changed the throttle linkage and gone to larger jets - I
believe I am getting a little more hp now.  And a 3.55 diff. now gives it
much better acceleration.
Mark