<VV> PG rebuilding parts, tips, etc.

Keith Hammett k.j_hammett at att.net
Tue Jul 15 13:37:30 EDT 2008

Have received a few tips regarding the rebuilding of the PG on the rampside.  The symptoms are slipping on take off, already adjusted the low band per the shop manual with no luck.  One suggestion is to take pressure readings and see what I got.  Anybody know what size the plugs are so I can get the necessary tools/gage's to perform this?  Not a bad idea so I at least have before and after readings if a tear down is necessary.

Most suggest taking lots of notes/pictures on disassembly and being very clean.

Several suggest inspecting the low band and reuse if not worn beyond the grooves.  Guess that means a tear down, inspect, order parts.

Several suggest that I obtain the original style lip seals.

Anybody lurking with additional tips?  Wonder what the tech session is going to be at Great Plains Round Up this year, maybe a PG rebuild (wishful thinking)?

Keith Hammett