<VV> PG rebuilding parts, video, and tips

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 15 21:14:07 EDT 2008

Hi George,

Actually, it was a bit more grimey but yes, not as bad as most you see.
Here's what it looked like before I took a brushes, a screwdriver and
solvent to it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81412237@N00/677713738/in/set-72157600576224315
/

I washed it up on the outside first before breaking it down.

The nearest I could tell, someone had the differential apart around the
early 90's when I believe the 4:11 gear set was installed.  That's probably
why the differential wasn't as caked up.  I took it apart to have the pinion
gear welded onto the shaft.

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81412237@N00/sets/
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!

George said:

>Hey Dan, where to do you find transaxles that look like that? Every one
I've