<VV> Healthy pumps?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Jul 17 22:07:48 EDT 2008

Right, what I meant was that *if* you used the eccentric to create
the pressure directly, you'd need some sort of relief valve in the
pump.  Which could fail.  Leading to *bad* things.

The way the pump is actually designed - using the spring to create
pressure - is much better.

BTW, if you're going to heat the the spring with a torch to soften
it, take it off the engine first :-)

--Bryan