<VV> Frank Retorts Re: Carter YH pump squirt

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 11:14:11 EDT 2008

Seth,
    Bob's email stated:

"The accel pump on the YH carbs only works when there is engine manifold
vacuum. that is just when the engine is  running................
Regards,
Bob Helt"

    I guess I misinterpreted his "engine manifold  vacuum" to mean INTAKE
manifold vacuum.  And in the stock Corvair turbo  configuration, the INTAKE
manifold is DOWNSTREAM of the carb and turbo so the YH  carb NEVER experiences
postive pressure (except in a coal mine, or other regions  well below sea
level<GGG>).
    Sorry, but which manifold did Bob mean?
    And Seth, tell us just how you get positive  pressure in the stock carb
unless you move the turbo UPSTREAM of the carb  (calling Dave Binnie).
    Frank "inquiringlyj" Burkhard

In a message dated 7/18/2008 10:47:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Sethracer