<VV> Carter YH pump squirt

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 11:18:08 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/18/08 7:34:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time, FrankCB writes:

> Bob,
>      So that ELIMINATES any accel pump action when the intake manifold
> pressure reaches ZERO or goes beyond into positive (BOOST) pressure?????
>      Just when you need it most!!!!
>      Regards,
>      Frank "kaBoosta kid" Burkhard

Hi Frank,
HUH?
As I understand the turbo action, under boost the intake manifold vacuum
still exists and in even greater amount. If there were no intake vacuum, how would
the air flow thru the carb and how would the carb even work? Boost pressures
are seen on the other side of the turbo, not on the carb side, aren't they?

Regards,
Bob Helt