<VV> no reverse with powerglide

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 19 20:28:33 EDT 2008

I agree with Matt. Drop the pan and then you can see the cable going into the throttle valve (I hope my nomenclature is correct).You will also look into the bottom of the trans pan just to see the amount of debris present. Some will be normal. Have a new pan gasket ready before disassembling it. You also can clean the screen at the same time (it has an o ring).Probably reverse worked before you did all this happy work. The "tell tale" the problem is in the shift cable installation is the car goes forward when shifter is in R.Others will "chime" in and tell you not to drop the pan (that it's unnecessary). They are correct as well. I don't think it's necessary to use the special tool so long as you did not change the cable or shift linkage.I hope this is helpful.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado
1969 Monza Convertible #5044