<VV> Respect the Corvair Deserves

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 20 15:54:15 EDT 2008

That seems to be what I've been seeing, and particuarly in the media. The
media's part seems like it's being driven by all the recent favorable
pieces in Hemmings. We Corvair owners owe them our gratitude, as the shift
will "raise ALL our boats" and make owning a Corvair better.

On the down-side, for those have-nots, it will mean increased costs for
cars and, eventually, parts.

Good news for some, not so good news for others. But that's the car hobby.
My wallet wishes I'd have gotten into muscle cars and pony cars instead of
Corvairs. Had I done so at the time, I would have indeed become wealthy by
now. LOL

-Mark

P.S. Now if only we can ever get Ralphie's name separated from the same
sentence as "Corvair". When he IS mentioned, I tell 'em Ralphie's old news,
about 35 years too old, and just as long since totally disproven. That the
Corvair's the only car in history to be proven safe by the US Government.
And that the Corvair's the REAL story here, not some discredited
ambulance-chasing hack. And NO, it's the Mustang that killed the Corvair.
:o)

finally getting some of the respect that it deserves? It used to be that I
was almost embarrased to take my Corvair to a car show (not really), but
now they draw attention at the shows and cruise nights. I was driving my 66
Corsa convertible around town this morning and a new Porsche Carrera pulled
up along side. He gave me the thumbs up, rolled down his window and said he
used to have one when he was a kid, then said 'they're a great car'. It's
not that I need this type of validation for me to enjoy my Corvairs, but I
just love the fact that folks are starting to respect and appreciate them.
I guess folks are finally starting to realize what we've all known for a
long time.