<VV> Corvair Olympics Helmet Requirements

Brian bmoneill at juno.com
Mon Jul 21 13:13:46 EDT 2008

Gentlemen;
   Confirmation letters for those registered for the Olympics will be arriving in your USPS box soon.  Enclosed is tech form which we ask you to fill out and bring with you.  This tech form is based on time trials requirements but will serve as the basis for all tech at Indy.
   There is one correction that must be made to the form.  The time trial helmet requirement is Snell 2005, either "M" or "SA".  DOT only helmets are not acceptable.
   For the drag race helmets are required only for cars running under 14 seconds. We strongly recommend the wearing of helmets regardless of your ET. Any year helmet is acceptable but we strongly advise a minimum of Snell 1995.  The lining of helmets harden over time and you could end up wearing one with the give of cement.

For the autocross, we are using the CORSA rules.  So to be consistent with them the following information concerning helmets is provided__
6.7 Helmets: Safety helmets must be worn by all drivers or passengers at all times when on the course. Helmets must bear a 15 years from current date or later M or SA Snell foundation or a DOT approval sticker.
I hope this clarifies the requirements.  Please contact me if you have any questions.