<VV> Installing Shift Cable Tip

tony.underwood at cox.net tony.underwood at cox.net
Mon Jul 21 13:26:30 EDT 2008

> Smitty Says:  What is this nonsense of removing the pan and/or  extending the
> ball end by putting the selector in low.  There is a  perfectly good method
> of installing the cable, in the shop manual, that  works.  Makes me think some
> of you are trying to be smarter than the  mechanical device you are working
> on.  That ain't gonna  happen.

PS:

This comment reminded of a remark by an old motorcycle mechanic, who once told me that motorcycles were like horses.   Never ever assume that you are smarter OR the master of that motorcycle.    The best you can expect is to co-exist peacefully.

To date, I've not experienced many instances where I ever felt I was smarter than the Corvair(s) or the people who designed it.    Likewise when it comes to working on one... common sense (plus a little logic) dictates that you stand on the shoulders of those who came before you.     Listen to what they tell you.

Works for me...   ;)

tony..