<VV> "Big Daddy"

Anarchyburger at aol.com Anarchyburger at aol.com
Mon Jul 21 23:20:38 EDT 2008

I met Don Garlits at the Super Chevy show in Pomona, CA in 1998. He was
hosting the Super Chevy Show on ESPN2 at that time. He and his film crew rolled
down the row of blown Camaros and to my surprise, stopped to see  my CORSA
Senior Division concours Silver Blue 1962 Spyder convertible.  He asked me if I
would mind he and the crew doing a feature on the Spyder  which I was happy to
agree to. He explained that he and his wife had had a  Corvair back in the
1960's and drove it across country on their move out west at  the time. My Spyder
had a gasoline heater which he noticed and knew all  about. I watched he and
the crew film the entire feature as he described  the Corvair, the gas heater,
the turbo and his experiences owning one. He  had good things to say and I
think he really likes Corvairs. The  episode did air on ESPN2 back in 1998 and
1999.

Jeff Williams

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.