<VV> Items in the mail & PG questions

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 22 21:41:42 EDT 2008

Hi Keith,

I used my drill press, a flat plate (flat pry bar) and 2 old lifters to
compress the pistons(not my idea but worked great).  It really doesn't take
that much force so the handle on the drill press wasn't under much load.
Here's a picture of the High Speed piston assembly but the low isn't much
different:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81412237@N00/2693777991/in/set-7215760057616824
0/

Never heard of a break-in for a PG.  Just listen for strange noises, leaks
and weird shifting.

I have a bunch more pictures, I just need to find the time to post them all.

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81412237@N00/sets/
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!

Keith said:

>I need to watch it again and take notes.  One item that Harry used will
>have to be made up, that is the tool to compress the reverse piston and
>the clutch drum.  It looks to be simple, a flat plate with 3 dowels.
>But what is the diameter that the 3 dowels are on?  What length of dowel
>is best in order to get the snap ring pliers in there?
<snip>